Hugh recently retired from his role as Managing Director at RSM McGladrey Network (an operating unit of RSM McGladrey, Inc.).
Chair, Conservation Committee
Openlands board member since 2009
- B.S. (Finance), University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (1978)
- M.B.A., DePaul University, Chicago, IL (1983)
Civic and non-profit affiliations
- Poplar Creek Prairie Restoration Volunteer (1989–1996)
- McHenry County Conservation Foundation, trustee (2002–2008), president (2006–2008)
- The Land Conservancy of McHenry County, member (since 1998)
- Environmental Defenders of McHenry County, member (since 1998)
Favorite activities and areas of expertise
Hugh enjoys restoring 60 acres of land surrounding his Woodstock, IL, home, which has involved planting 2,500 oak and walnut trees, converting farm fields to prairies, and installing a water control structure and removing drain tiles to restore the hydrology of a 15-acre wetland. As a result, Mr. Frisbie received the 2006 McHenry County Soil & Water Conservation District’s Conservation Landowner of the Year award, and the property is now listed in the Land Conservancy of McHenry County’s Land Heritage Registry.