Join us on March 13 for Conservation Lobby Day in Springfield!
Conservationists are gathering in Springfield to advocate for Illinois’ environment. State legislators, members of the Pritzker Administration, and other advocates will discuss Illinois’ priorities related to conservation funding, endangered species protection, and other critical issues for our community.
Please select Openlands when registering and please contact us below to coordinate travel arrangements.
Option 1: Amtrak from Union Station in Chicago to Springfield ($48)
Return: 8:45pm (estimated)
Option 2: Drive a carpool. Please contact us for help coordinating carpools.
Where to meet in Springfield: IEC Headquarters, 520 E. Capitol Avenue, Springfield, IL 60633 — 10am
- 7am: Travel. Receive issue briefings and legislator info if traveling on train
- 10:30am: Arrive at IEC’s Springfield office for orientation and instructions
- 11am: Walk to Capitol, meet with legislators (401 S. 2nd Street)
- 1pm: Lunch provided at a local restaurant
- 2pm: Continue meeting with legislators, IDNR staff (TBD)
- 4:45pm: Depart Amtrak (100 N. 3rd Street)
- 8:45pm: Arrive back in Chicago
Itinerary is subject to minor changes.
For more information on Conservation Lobby Day, please contact email@example.com.