Openlands has committed to institutionalizing a culture of evaluation and continuous learning by recently adopting an organization-wide Program Impact Framework (PIF). The PIF identifies complementary elements in existing program portfolios that can be strategically aligned to increase the effectiveness of our work. We are hiring for a new position, Manager of Data and Impact, to support implementation of the PIF and other work across program areas. The Manager of Data and Impact will develop and execute strategies to evaluate and shape individual projects, interrelated program areas, and organizational outcomes. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as project manager to develop, implement and manage a plan to consistently and rigorously monitor, evaluate and adapt Openlands’ work under the Program Impact Framework.
- Establishes policies, protocols and practices for data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Facilitates systems, technology and data collection among staff to continuously improve program efficacy; to manage selection and development of new projects and initiatives; and to manage accountability for outcome targets, performance and professional development goals.
- Identifies opportunities to integrate, leverage and design internal cross-program development and improvement.
- Tracks, analyzes, and communicates results from the outcomes, indicators, and benchmarks to demonstrate Openlands’ progress towards its goals; provides clear and useful reports, case studies, and graphics (such as dashboards) for staff, board and external stakeholders.
- Writes proposals and solicits funding to support ongoing evaluation, program effectiveness, and special projects; keeps current regarding funding requirements for data collection and reporting and puts into place methods to ensure reliable, accurate compliance with funding report mandates.
- Performs field visits and supports program work in the field to ensure the quality of data and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Serves as project manager on additional cross-divisional and institutional projects as appropriate.
- Represents Openlands at meetings, conferences and on boards and working groups to advance our work across the sector
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BA/MA in fields such as in the Social Sciences, Public Policy, Administration or other related areas
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience
- Experience with a nonprofit, mission-driven organization. Familiarity with a variety of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method analysis research methods and tools, including statistics and social networking analysis
- Ability to engage multiple stakeholders to build consensus, and to develop relationships across various organizational levels; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on diverse teams or with a diverse range of people
- Proactive and team-oriented work style, adaptive and flexible
- Excellent written, oral, and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including highly advanced Excel skills
Salary range is market competitive. Benefits include health, life, and disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation time. This is a full time exempt position.
Openlands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter explaining why your skills and experience would complement this position to JobApps@Openlands.org. Please include “Manager of Data and Impact” in the subject line.