The purpose of the Administrative Coordinator is to provide administrative support for general office operations, finance, and human resources and reports to the Manager of Human Resources and Administration. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
- Maintain general order of meeting rooms, supplies, and kitchen; monitor inventory of office supplies, paper, and stationary; place replenishment orders
- Perform other office support functions as needed including setting up files, sending faxes, making copies etc.
- Monitor the functioning of office equipment and troubleshoot issues; assist staff with issues, coordinate the repair of equipment as needed
- Support program and administrative meetings by managing attendance, ordering meals, arranging the conference rooms; maintain organization calendars
- Respond to incoming telephone calls, visitors, provide appropriate assistance, take message or refer to proper party, sort and distribute mail
- Process daily bank deposits and enter accounts payable under the direction of the accounting department staff
- Organize the documentation for Visa purchases, express and messenger shipments
- Process and maintain RTA/CTA staff transit benefits
- Administer petty cash fund, code receipts balance account and request additional funds as needed
- Provide administrative support for human resource function including processing paperwork for new employees and annual benefits plan enrollment
- Assist with coordination of IT support from outside consultant
- Coordinate the execution of the organization document retention policy
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience working in an administrative capacity in an office environment
- Able to perform functions with minimal supervision and to complete detailed work accurately and meet deadlines, ability to communicate with supervisor when additional guidance is needed
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet and can learn new software such as Fund EZ and Donor Perfect
- Able to work in an environment involving periodic phone and visitor interruptions while performing other tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift 25 lbs. and move between main work station and kitchen and meeting rooms to perform tasks
Openlands protects the natural and open spaces of northeastern Illinois and the surrounding region to ensure cleaner air and water, protect natural habitats and wildlife, and help balance and enrich our lives. Openlands’ vision for the region is a landscape that includes a vast network of land and water trails, tree-lined streets, and intimate public gardens within easy reach of every city dweller. It also includes parks and preserves big enough to provide natural habitat and to give visitors a sense of the vast prairies, woodlands, and wetlands that were here before the cities. In sum, Openlands believes that protected open space is critical for the quality of life of our region.
Openlands is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. Openlands does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local, or federal laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. Openlands is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
- Loop office is ADA accessible.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and communicate effectively via computer.
- Smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Salary range is market competitive. Benefits include health, life, and disability coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation time. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
- Openlands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is open until filled. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter explaining why your skills and experience would complement this position to JobApps@openlands.org. Please include “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line.