Matt Dobry is an independent contractor and Senior Vice President with CBRE, Inc., the world’s largest commercial real estate firm. For the past two decades, Matt has built a practice in the representation of tenants and buyers of commercial space across a diverse set of industries, including accounting, banking, healthcare, higher education, law, nonprofit and technology. With his experience of more than 300 transactions, millions of square feet leased and purchased, and several billion in economic consideration, CBRE named Matt a “Top Producer in the Americas” in 2019.
As an active board member with several business interests and nonprofits, including the National Parks Conservation Association, Matt joined the Openlands Board out of his love of the outdoors and concern for the deterioration of wilderness spaces, locally and around the globe.
Outside of his professional obligations, Matt’s favorite activity is spending time outdoors with his wife, Lynora, daughter, Evelyn and son, Charlie. Together his family has thus far visited 12 of the 61 National Park units. He enjoys biking, camping, golfing, hiking, kayaking and skiing at every opportunity.
- MBA, DePaul University’s Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, Real Estate Finance and Investment
- B.S., Illinois State University, Business Management and Entrepreneurial Studies
- Licensed Illinois Real Estate Managing Broker
- Chicago Professional Network – Founder and Member
- National Parks Conservation Association, Midwest Leadership Council – Member
- OVAL Fire Products, Inc. – Board Member (2014-2018)
- ReaLync Corp. – Advisory Board Member (2014-2020)
- Young Office Brokers Association (YOBA) – President Emeritus
Activities and Areas of Interest
Matt enjoys being outside in almost any condition, unwinds over rounds of golf and audiobooks and maintains a hobbyist interest in the history of beer and beermaking, Cubs baseball, Eastern meditation and learning to fly small aircraft.